INDIAN PHARMACOPOEIA COMMISSIONINDIAN
(Ministry of Health & Family Welfare)
Sector-23, Raj Nagar, Ghaziabad -201002
Subject: Background & Guide-lines of Question paper for written examination for the Post of Marketing Assistant.
Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) is an Autonomous Institution of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India. IPC is created to set standards of drugs in the country. Its basic function is to update regularly the standards of drugs commonly required for treatment of diseases prevailing in this region. IP prescribes standards for identity, purity and strength of drugs essentially required from health care perspective of human beings and animals.
IPC does sales of the following product/services as mentioned below
Indian Pharmacopoeia (IP): IP is recognized as the official book of standards for the drugs being manufactured and/or marketed in India. IP contains a collection of authoritative procedures of analysis and specifications of drugs for their identity, purity and strength.
National Formulary of India (NFI): IPC promotes rational use of generic medicines by publishing National Formulary of India. IP Reference Substances (IPRS): IP Reference Substances, abbreviated as IPRS (and referred to as RS in the individual monographs) are issued by the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC). They are the official standards to be used in cases of arbitration.
Skill Development programs: IPC conducts multiple Skill Development Programme in Drug analysis, Pharmacovigilance Quality Assurance, Quality awareness and similar areas.
As per the Government guidelines for the Group B post, the selection of the same is thru written examination only. The selected candidate is expected to promote the sales of products and services which IPC is selling, as eluded above.
Job requirements:To assist Business & Marketing Development officer in order to ensure that all business and marketing operations of the Commission are executed effectively. Shall perform the duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Expectation from Marketing Assistant
1. Sales promotion of the India Pharmacopoeia (IP) among Pharma manufactures analytical laboratories, regulators, and academia.
2. Increasing visibility of IP in India & foreign countries.
3. Sales promotion of the IP reference standards and impurities standards in India and foreign countries.
4. Increasing the revenue of IPC by sale and distribution of IP and IPRS in India and abroad.
5. Promotion of NFI among healthcare professionals for rational use of medicine
6. Advertising IPC products and services among stakeholders by participating and supporting in national/International conferences seminars, workshops.
7. General sales & marketing acumen.
8. Communication skills & strategic thinking.
Proposed Question paper Pattern on the basis of Expectation from Marketing Assistant:
A. 100 MCQ having FOUR choices of which only one choice would be correct.
B. 5 Subjective Questions to be answered.