INDIAN PHARMACOPOEIA 2014
One of the important mandates of the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission is to publish the Indian Pharmacopoeia (legally recognized book of standards for monitoring the quality of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1945) at regular and shorter intervals. To fulfill this requirement, the 7th edition of Indian Pharmacopoeia has been prepared by the Commission in accordance with the principles and design plan decided by its Scientific Body and completed through the untiring efforts of its members and Secretariat over a period of about two years.
· IP 2014 is effective from 1st January, 2014
· Total monographs 2548
· 577 New Monographs included in this edition
· 19 New Radiopharmaceutical Monographs and 1 General chapter is first time being included in this edition.
· User friendly format
· Presented in 4 hard bound volumes with DVD
· Cross referencing has been avoided
· Veterinary products monographs are the integral part of this edition
· Uniformity of presentation of subject matter
· Use of chromatographic methods has been greatly extended
· Classical chemicals tests for identification of an article have been almost eliminated and more specific IP and UV Spectrophotometer tests have been introduced
· Test for pyrogen virtually eliminated
· Obsolete monographs have been omitted
· More herbal drugs monographs has been added
· Contains several new monographs not included in any other major pharmacopoeias of the world.