The IPC Library and Information Centre is the leading Pharmacopoeial Library and Information Centre of the South-East Asia region. The IPC Library & Information Centre continuously increases its resources and activities for providing valuable information services to support scientific, pharmacopoeial work and useful to the Scientists, Health Professionals and researchers and so on. The Library & Information Centre caters to the needs of scientists of the commission, Health Professionals and researchers from within and outside the country.
- To collect, preserve, disseminate of information, knowledge and services.
- To be a hub of knowledge creation that priorities the frontier areas of national and global importance.
The mission of Library & Information Centre is to provide comprehensive resources and services in the field of Drugs & Pharmaceuticals, Pharmacopoeial research, Pharmacovigilance and other related areas for support IPC to update regularly the standards of drugs commonly required for the treatment of diseases prevailing in this country. To fulfil this mission, the Library commits to:
- To build a strong collection in the fields of Pharmacopoeial, Drugs Standardization, Pharmaceuticals, research & development and other related areas.
- Promote intellectual growth, creativity by developing collection, facilitating access to technical information resources, critical evaluation skills and offering research assistance.
- Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collection and resources.
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environment for study, training and research; and
- Provide computer generated Selectively Dissemination of Information (SDI) and Article Alerts of Journal’s services in related areas.