Salient features of NFI 2016 (Please Click)
Salient features of National Formulary of India (NFI) 2021:
- The NFI – 2021 contains:
34 therapeutic categories chapters including 591 drug monographs and 23 Appendices based on contemporary knowledge.
- 33 rational fixed-dose combinations.
- The NFI is aligned with the National Health Programmes and the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM) of India.
- Important Weblinks related to NLEM, Drugs banned in India, NHP, Drugs banned in sports, Immunization schedule, wherever necessary are provided for information to readers.
- Special notes on “How to use NFI?” and Salient Features of NFI are added in this edition.
- Indications approved by the Indian drug regulator (CDSCO), clinically relevant ones, and as per standard care are included.
The term ‘availability’ is now replaced with ‘dosage forms and usual strength’
- The clinically relevant precautions and contraindications are included.
The common or the serious and clinically relevant adverse effects are included.
- Storage conditions for medicines are included for special cases only.
The chapter on Medicines banned in sports in the previous edition has been considered under appendices in this edition.
Considering the prevalence of diabetes in the country a separate Chapter on Management of Diabetes is included after revising completely.
A new appendix on Good Distribution Practices is incorporated.
Appendix on National Immunization Schedule and IAP Immunization Schedule is revised as per current requirement.